With the beginning of the school semester upon us, I’m loaded down with both shopping lists and to-do lists. And since I’m always drawn to those “what I’m loving” or “what’s in my purse” posts, I thought I’d do my own little version of that today! So I’ll be sharing a few of my recent favorites, and would love to hear some of your favorite things that I should be trying out, too!
- The Ordinary – The Ordinary is a new-to-me company that is based on “clinical formulations with integrity”. The products are legit, and the pricing is insanely low! I’ve been using their squalane oil, rosehip oil, natural moisturizing factors, and their serum foundation. So far, all the love for all the products. The squalane oil is identical to the brand name I was paying way more for, and I’m very impressed with the foundation!
- Madewell Earrings – These Madewell earrings are the perfect everyday studs with serious style. They’re understated yet bold, and I get compliments on them constantly. I’ve already bought two pairs as gifts and wear mine on a weekly basis. Go snag yourself a pair to feel instantly stylish and cool.
- Popsocket – Listen, you might not get this one unless you’re logging a lot of hours on your phone. I recently downloaded the Moment App and it’s appalling how much screen time I get per day. But that’s a conversation for another time. If you, like me, support your phone with your pinky finger and get the occasional cramping from holding up said phone for long periods of time… the popsocket is for you. Or maybe you just want a better grip on your phone, and the popsocket does just that! It mounts to your phone and lets you easily hold up your device. There’s all kind of cute designs, including my favorite – the Science Matters partnership with Neil deGrasse Tyson. Your pinkies will thank you!
- Moleskine Notebook & Le Pens – I finally filled up my last journal and just ordered its replacement. While there are a lot of pretty journal options out there, I always choose the Moleskine soft cover notebooks. The simplicity appeals to me, and I trust that those pages will stay preserved over time. I’m also a total pen freak and am obsessed with Le Pens. The fine felt tip feels like a total luxury, and I always stock up at the beginning of the school year. Noteable pen mention goes to Poppin retractable gen pens and the Pilot micro point retractable pens (in that order).
- Hungry Harvest – We started using Hungry Harvest way back in our Boys Latin days but stopped once we moved. Now we’re picking back up on the service because they’ve added a new customization feature! I always felt bad not using up all the things they sent us, since the whole premise is to reduce food waste. But with the customization, I can be sure that we’re getting food that we’ll actually eat! It’s an all-around win.
Tell me – any recent favorites? Meal-prepping hacks? I need to get more organized in the kitchen!