It’s possible that we’ve entered a time slip here, where the days seem to repeat but simultaneously fly by. While all seems to be quiet on the home front for now, we’ve been paddling hard under the surface, preparing ourselves for the upcoming year. 2017, gird your loins.
And a little listy life update for the home team…
- Luna got her cast off! We can shout it from the rooftops! She’s recovering very well and is starting to treat that leg normally again. Nothing made me happier than watching her bend her little paw beneath her – something she couldn’t do for two whole months! She’s on limited activity for the next six weeks, but come spring I anticipate she’ll be as wild and active as ever!
- A new school semester starts for me on Monday. I’m excited for my new classes and encouraged by working on my professional development plan with my boss. Between designing a Study Abroad course and overhauling an existing lecture course, I’m diving deep into paperwork and curriculum and textbooks and I couldn’t love it more.
- Basketball season is almost over. Is it wrong to be so excited about this? Joe really enjoys coaching, but this year it became more obvious that soccer is his favorite coaching environment, and it just feels like this basketball season has dragged on. Once it’s over, he’ll be home in the afternoons and we’ll get extra time together – I can’t wait!
- I’ve been working behind the scenes on some exciting photography items for this year. There are a few updates to the website, which you can find on the updated galleries and the new investment pages. I registered my business with the state and got a tax ID, which feels super grown-up and legit. I also registered for a retreat designed for creatives, and I’m so looking forward to the community time and education. I’ve had some really wonderful meetings with new and potential clients, and just feel so so lucky to get to do any of this.
- We painted the entire house and updated quite a few things around our little nest. I’m just hunting for the perfect two pieces of art for our living room, and then I swear I’m finished. I’m completely obsessed with our bedroom color and so so happy we went with the warmer shade of gray for the living room. There are approximately one million shades of gray paint, and it is the most agonizing thing to choose between them all.
- My mom came to visit for some quality time and to offer her plant hospice services. We ate our way through Baltimore and caught Mamma Mia at the Hippodrome and snagged some facials before she headed back down south. Mom – come back and help me drink all the fancy wine you bought!
- I read a bunch of books – the most memorable being Love Warrior, The Magnolia Story, and Out of Sorts, with honorable mention for revisiting Outlander (how I love thee).
That’s all for now, my friends. Thanks for tuning in, and for your unwavering support.